Saturday, December 1, 2007

Well, folks, here's the setup. My name is Tom Mueller, and I'm the guitarist in The Muellers, a family bluegrass outfit based in New England. There's lots of info and links to the right in the sidebar, and you should feel free to explore those at your leisure.

Here's what you should know about me:

  • I play guitar, sing, and run the show during rehearsal as best as I can.
  • I'm one-fifth of the band by height and just slightly less than one-seventh of the band by age.
  • My favorite place to write songs is at a southeast-facing table at the local Starbucks, just across from a prominently displayed pastel of Björk's first album portrait. It's a terrible likeness (the artist didn't get the eyebrows very well), but i like it anyway. It gives my eyes something to focus on after that fifth shot of expresso has given me the jitters.
  • I don't use cookbooks when I cook because I'm too stubborn. Sometimes this is good.
The idea of a band blog has been batted around in the band for quite some time now, and we are glad that it has finally come to fruition. We love bluegrass and know that we owe every last bit of our success to our fans. This is a chance to give back to YOU -- to give you a glimpse into the day-to-day operation of the band, our travels, and our shows.

Feel free to comment and get in touch with us! Just like any gig, we prefer to have people up on their feet, stompin' and hollerin'. So go ahead, make a racket! Let us know what you think!

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Great new blog site! I look forward to reading more about the Mueller's in the future. I will see you all next Sat evening at the Orrington Grange Hall. Can't wait.
Brenda Hanson