Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Hi everyone,

Just a quick note to let you all know that we made it safely to Missouri after leaving Maine around 1 P.M. on Sunday. (The reason I know that is because they drove the van across town to pick me up from a car repair place, and the half-time station ID break for Prairie Home Companion had just come on the radio.) The only reason I'm still awake at this moment is the cup of coffee that I chugged at a McDonald's somewhere east of Paducah, Kentucky; I can't remember the name of the town, and I think that the reason I can't remember the name might be the same as the reason that I chugged the coffee in the first place: SLEEPY.

I've got a couple of great photos to post tomorrow. Highlights include an impromptu autograph-and-picture session with some fans that we met at an interstate rest stop, a Biscuit House sign in West Virginia, and a roadkill bat that we found lodged in the grille of the van, prompting a lot of Batmobile jokes.

But first, I'm going to sleep. More tomorrow!

Tom M.

No comments: